[c-nsp] PPPoe Access Concetrators

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Thu Aug 11 10:07:47 EDT 2005

On Aug 11, 2005, at 9:50 AM, Paul Stewart wrote:

> We're moving from Redback to the 7200's currently so my opinion is
> biased to some degree.  We have had numerous issues with our Redbacks
> that I don't see in the Cisco world....  And not trying to start a war
> on the Redbacks (really)... But 10k sessions?  Is this a marketing
> number or real world?

10K is marketing.  We have 1.5k on ours and the FE CPU is near 0%
most of the time.

We use our SMS to handle PPPoE terminations coming in from Verizon
DSLAMs.  Verizon grooms customers into a PVC RBE segment and we
terminate the PPPoE on that.  We have roughly 100 PVCs configured

--
Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President