[c-nsp] IOS on 1811/1841

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Fri Aug 12 16:54:03 EDT 2005

Hi -- anyone know if the Advanced Security 12.3 IOS image is just a subset
of the Advanced IP Services image? this is in the context of a
Cisco1800-series router we're planning to install at a customer site. I'm
confused because the feature navigator on CCO lists both an Advanced
Security and an Advanced IP Services image for the 1841, but only the
Advanced IP Services image for the 1811.

Another question: the customer wants to be able to terminate VPNs with this
router as well as utilize the router as their Internet-edge firewall.
Assuming we're not planning to run BGP with the customer, do you think
they'd see a performance improvement with a PIX-515E rather than the 1811 or
1841?
We're talking about a dual redundant failover 4Mbps Ethernet link between us
and them.

Thanks for the help...
Adam

---
[This e-mail was scanned for viruses by Webjogger's AntiVirus Protection System]