[c-nsp] Debugging T1 Bounces on CT3

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sat Aug 13 21:51:37 EDT 2005

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Bill Wichers wrote:

> > Yes. An occasional blip at the T1 level, (mostly do to CLEC icompetence
> > and all accounted for) but over the past two weeks since we moved them
> > they are running clean and solid on the 7206.
> >
> > However, I fail to see how a T1 running errored can affect an entire DS3?
>
> If you were getting errors on the T1 and the CT3 reported errors on that
> T1's respective channel, it would be a 'legitimate' error. All I meant was
> that if you were chasing errors that were coming in from the T1s it would
> be frustrating. I have occasionally overlooked simple things like that and
> wasted a lot of time before I went "aha!" and found the simple problem I
> should have seen earlier.

Maybe I am just stupid here, but the DS3 span and the DS1 spans are
totally separate. I.E. It is possible to have an error on a DS1 that is
NOT going to show up in any way on the DS3 span, nor should it. It will
show up on that individual DS1 span's error reports, but not on the DS3.

Am I missing something?

In any case, these are VERY CLEARLY LCVs at the DS3 level, more
specifically, RX LCVs at the Cisco end. The Far End (MX-2800) shows no
LCVs.

> > Replaced the VIP to.. that didn't solve it either. However, the
> > difference bettern a PA-MC-T3 and the 2T3+ is a lot of engineering. What
> > firmware reveisions are you running in your PA-MC-2T3+?
>
> See below.
>
> ---- snip 8< ----
> T3 1/0/0 is up.  Hardware is 2CT3 single wide port adapter
>   CT3 H/W Version: 0.2.2, CT3 ROM Version: 1.0, CT3 F/W Version: 2.5.0
>   FREEDM version: 1, reset 0 resurrect 0
>   Applique type is Channelized T3
>   No alarms detected.
>   FEAC code received: No code is being received
>   Framing is M23, Line Code is B3ZS, Clock Source is Internal
>   Rx throttle total 75, equipment customer loopback
> ---- snip 8< ----
>
>      -Bill

> Waveform Technology
> Systems Engineer