[c-nsp] Debugging T1 Bounces on CT3

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Sat Aug 13 20:50:08 EDT 2005

> Yes. An occasional blip at the T1 level, (mostly do to CLEC icompetence
> and all accounted for) but over the past two weeks since we moved them
> they are running clean and solid on the 7206.
>
> However, I fail to see how a T1 running errored can affect an entire DS3?

If you were getting errors on the T1 and the CT3 reported errors on that
T1's respective channel, it would be a 'legitimate' error. All I meant was
that if you were chasing errors that were coming in from the T1s it would
be frustrating. I have occasionally overlooked simple things like that and
wasted a lot of time before I went "aha!" and found the simple problem I
should have seen earlier.

> Replaced the VIP to.. that didn't solve it either. However, the
> difference bettern a PA-MC-T3 and the 2T3+ is a lot of engineering. What
> firmware reveisions are you running in your PA-MC-2T3+?

See below.

---- snip 8< ----
T3 1/0/0 is up.  Hardware is 2CT3 single wide port adapter
  CT3 H/W Version: 0.2.2, CT3 ROM Version: 1.0, CT3 F/W Version: 2.5.0
  FREEDM version: 1, reset 0 resurrect 0
  Applique type is Channelized T3
  No alarms detected.
  FEAC code received: No code is being received
  Framing is M23, Line Code is B3ZS, Clock Source is Internal
  Rx throttle total 75, equipment customer loopback
---- snip 8< ----

     -Bill