[c-nsp] Debugging T1 Bounces on CT3

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sat Aug 13 15:53:06 EDT 2005

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Bill Wichers wrote:

> > Since we couldn't solve the problem, we moved as many T1s as possible to 8
> > port cards on a 7206, leaving only 6 T1s on the PA-MC-T3 card. We are
> > still getting the errors.
>
> Are the T1s running clean in the 7206? If any of your T1s are showing
> *real* errors then the CT3 is not the problem...

Yes. An occasional blip at the T1 level, (mostly do to CLEC icompetence
and all accounted for) but over the past two weeks since we moved them
they are running clean and solid on the 7206.

However, I fail to see how a T1 running errored can affect an entire DS3?

> Do you have the ability to try chaning the LBO (Line Build Out) on the
> mux? You should probably have the LBO at minimum on both the mux and the
> PA-MC-T3 due to the very short cable length involved.

They are at minimums. Been there. Done that.

> BTW, to address another post, we have a PA-MC-2T3+ in a VIP2-50 and it
> runs fine, so I doubt the VIP itself is causing the problem.

Replaced the VIP to.. that didn't solve it either. However, the
difference bettern a PA-MC-T3 and the 2T3+ is a lot of engineering. What
firmware reveisions are you running in your PA-MC-2T3+?

                             KP-216-121-ST