[c-nsp] Cisco / Extreme BGP interoperability

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Mon Aug 15 13:49:24 EDT 2005

Hi --

Does anyone have experience running eBGP between a Cisco router and an
Extreme L3 switch? Gotchas to watch out for? I'm considering having the
Extreme send a default route to the Cisco and the Cisco announce a single
prefix to the Extreme, which will then inject it into OSPF. I might use the
local-pref attribute on announcements from the Cisco.

Just want to make sure they play nice together.

Thanks,
Adam

---
[This e-mail was scanned for viruses by Webjogger's AntiVirus Protection System]