[c-nsp] ISP redundancy - internal routing question

Arturo Servin aservin at remoteconfig.net
Fri Aug 26 17:29:56 EDT 2005

Mark Kent wrote:

>Arturo, are you saying that in the scenario that Skeeve Stevens
>painted you push any VLANs down to the L3 switches?

    No. The L3 switches are routing the LAN, but also need a exit to the
Internet or to someplace else. What I mean is that the L3 switches
instead of "see" an IP from 2 upstream routers with HSRP they should run
an IGP. You have to see the L3 switches as routers an not as hosts. The
HSRP/VVRP were designed for gateway reduncy for host, which normaly do
not have routing capabilities.

-asn

--

Remote Config, The Remote Configuration Company
http://www.remoteconfig.net
contact at remoteconfig.net