[c-nsp] Odd thing to want to do on a Cat 3550

Kristofer Sigurdsson kristo at ipf.is
Tue Aug 16 11:07:59 EDT 2005

Hi,

> The way for me to currently do it is have a crossover cable running from a
> Layer 3 port into a layer 2 port inside the VLAN (which has other devices it
> can now talk to).  This method works fine, but is essentially wasting 2
> ports if I can somehow do it internally.

If I understand you correctly, those 8 ports are on the same VLAN.  You
can create a vlan interface (SVI, switched virtual interface) on that
VLAN, a L3 virtual interface;

interface vlan <no>
 ip address...

--
Kristófer Sigurðsson           Tel: +354 414 1600
Netrekstur/Network Operations  IP Fjarskipti ehf.