[c-nsp] 12.2SXF?

lists at hojmark.org lists at hojmark.org
Tue Aug 16 19:33:48 EDT 2005

> SX[A,B,D-F] are new feature releases. A rebuild w/only bug
> fixes on one of these is followed by another numeral, ie, SXD4
> is the 4th rebuild of SXD.

Well, I have to admit I knew that... (But Rodney said more or
less the exact opposite -- that SEC is just a rebuild of SE).

What I do find somewhat confusing is how you end up with those
maintenance numbers, such as "17d" in 12.2(17d)SXB6 or "18" for
SXD and SXE. Does that mean that both SXD and SXE are based on
12.2(18)S?

In that case, why isn't SXE based on 12.2(20)S, or 22S, which
have been released in the meantime? (They should have more bug
fixes).

On a similar note, how can 12.2(25)SEC be based on a release,
which doesn exist, 12.2(25)S?

Because of the above confusion, I tend to refer to the Catalyst
releases whith just the letters and rebuild number (e.g. "SXE2"),
as that seems pretty consistent.

-A