[c-nsp] Does Cisco 7304 series support RIP (v2 or v1 whatever) protocol ?

Per Carlson ml at carlson.homeunix.net
Thu Aug 18 06:32:15 EDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 12:56:19PM +0300, Saku Ytti wrote:
> > I have several 7304 boxes with different IOS versions and all of them
> > allow to configure RIP, but there are no signs about RIP in
> > configuration itself (show runn). Tried to find some info on CCO - BGP,
>
>  Try to configure something under RIP before quitting configuration
> mode.

i have experienced the same confusion a long while ago. i did
configure an address-family ipv4 under the rip process, but it never
showed up in 'sh run' or 'sh conf' (after a 'wr').

if i remember correctly, there had to be a network statement in the
config for it to stay. apparently ios tried to be clever, like: "hmm,
someone tries to enable rip but on no interfaces. yeah, sure, that
must be a mistake, i have better remove the rip config" <grin>

--

Regards, Per Carlson

"You have nothing to lose but your lunch."