[c-nsp] 12.2SXF?

Kevin Graham mahargk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 02:04:27 EDT 2005

On 8/19/05, lists at hojmark.org <lists at hojmark.org> wrote:
> > Actually I would so much love for the 2950 to get any 12.2
> > image, is that going to happen at all?
>
> On a 2950, why?
>
> 12.2SE is mostly about L3 anyway, and 12.1EA still gets new
> features on the low-end platforms

It'd entirely be for the big rollup of 12.3T management features that
went int to (25)S whuch is very substantial -- login enhancements,
config archive/diffs, scp, sshv2, cpu/memory thresholding, etc. Other
things like Embedded Event Manager or Period MIB Data Collection I'm
sure I'll get around to using one of these days. A rich set of
management/baseline features like this is a major part of the
justification for still paying >$25/port for fastethernet.