[c-nsp] 12.2SXF?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Aug 20 04:26:52 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 11:04:27PM -0700, Kevin Graham wrote:
> It'd entirely be for the big rollup of 12.3T management features that
> went int to (25)S whuch is very substantial -- login enhancements,
> config archive/diffs, scp, sshv2, cpu/memory thresholding, etc. Other
> things like Embedded Event Manager or Period MIB Data Collection I'm
> sure I'll get around to using one of these days. A rich set of
> management/baseline features like this is a major part of the
> justification for still paying >$25/port for fastethernet.

Management access via IPv6 would be something useful as well...

<rant>
But I've given up on "full IPv6" on Cisco - they just provide *enough*
IPv6 support so that people don't go off to other vendors, but if you
look closely into the details, it's missing lots of important bits and
pieces.  Like "management access to IOS L2 switches".  Also, it being
a significant extra on IOS costs, IPv6 really seems to be more a
marketing/sales thing than something Cisco is really committed to see
happen.
</rant>

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/