[c-nsp] Hotswap PA FE 7200

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Sun Aug 21 22:30:47 EDT 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, A.Rahman I.R.suTan wrote:

> I tried to insert new Port Adapter in to online 7204 VXR.
> It used to work before but not this time.

Same actual adapter?  Some early port adapters are not compatible with
VXR routers, depending on the hardware revision.

Gory details: http://tinyurl.com/24utf

> Inserted Card status was "deactivated".
> Any other way instead of reloading this box which in production ? module
> reload ?
> Or might be any one of you ever been in this situation before and
> getaway with any hidden command ?

Type "show diag".  If "disabled unsuitable deactivated powered off"
appears for the PA you're using, then it won't work in a VXR router
at all.

Otherwise, try removing and reinserting, they should hot-swap just
fine if supported.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/