[c-nsp] Hotswap PA FE 7200

A.Rahman I.R.suTan risnaini at indo.net.id
Sun Aug 21 23:08:04 EDT 2005

Hi Jay,

Jay Hennigan wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, A.Rahman I.R.suTan wrote:
>

>>I tried to insert new Port Adapter in to online 7204 VXR.
>>It used to work before but not this time.
>

> Same actual adapter?  Some early port adapters are not compatible with
> VXR routers, depending on the hardware revision.

No, the slot used for G703 Port Adapter.

> Gory details: http://tinyurl.com/24utf
>

>>Inserted Card status was "deactivated".
>>Any other way instead of reloading this box which in production ? module
>>reload ?
>>Or might be any one of you ever been in this situation before and
>>getaway with any hidden command ?
>

> Type "show diag".  If "disabled unsuitable deactivated powered off"
> appears for the PA you're using, then it won't work in a VXR router
> at all.

The "unsuitable" is not there.
So, it just need a reload to get it work ?

Slot 4:
         Fast-ethernet (TX-ISL) Port adapter, 1 port
         Port adapter is disabled deactivated powered off
         Port adapter insertion time unknown
         EEPROM contents at hardware discovery:
         Hardware revision 1.4           Board revision B0
         Serial number     20671990      Part number    73-1688-05
         FRU Part Number:  PA-FE-TX

         Test history      0x0           RMA number     00-00-00
         EEPROM format version 1
         EEPROM contents (hex):
           0x20: 01 11 01 04 01 3B 6D F6 49 06 98 05 00 00 00 00
           0x30: 58 00 00 00 00 06 18 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

> Otherwise, try removing and reinserting, they should hot-swap just
> fine if supported.

:), yes i dit it couple times to ensure.

--

:: Rahman Isnaini R suTan
:: Network Operation Engineer