[c-nsp] Cisc07206 VXR fast ethernet ports

Jerry Kersey jrk at ebsco.com
Tue Aug 23 17:12:58 EDT 2005

Has anyone ever had a problem running 3 or 4 fastethernet ports on a cisco
7206 VXR router?????

It has all the memory you can put in a 7206. NPE 400 processor. The
bandwidth points are 600 and 400.  Cisco says they have never saw this
problem before. I find it hard to belive that no one else is trying to run 3
or 4 fast ethernet ports on one ov these routers...  What happens is the
fa2/1 port starts going up/down several times, the router crashes, creates a
crashinfo file and reloads...
We have swapped out every card in the router.
What we finaly did was take out the pa-2fe-tx card and used 2 pa-fe-tx
cards.. So far this looks like it has fixed the problem...

Jerry Kersey
Network Control
205-991-1367