[c-nsp] Cisc07206 VXR fast ethernet ports

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Aug 23 17:27:34 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 04:12:58PM -0500, Jerry Kersey wrote:
> bandwidth points are 600 and 400.  Cisco says they have never saw this
> problem before. I find it hard to belive that no one else is trying to run 3
> or 4 fast ethernet ports on one ov these routers...  What happens is the
> fa2/1 port starts going up/down several times, the router crashes, creates a
> crashinfo file and reloads...

Welcome to the club.  There seems to be a certain revision of PA-2FE-TX
cards that give lots of problems, as soon as their port 1 is used.  "Been
there, done that" (on a VIP2-50 and on a 7206/NPE-400).

Can you put the card into a lab router and run "show diag" against it?

I'd bet it's hardware revision 1.0, board revision B0.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de