[c-nsp] Multilink PPP IPCP Negotiation Problem

Nick Shah Nick.Shah at aapt.com.au
Thu Aug 25 21:14:25 EDT 2005

Douglas

Try:

Define a new method

Aaa authentication ppp PPP-ACCESS none

Interface serial/blah
Ppp authentication pap PPP-ACCESS

rgds
-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Douglas E.
Warner
Sent: Friday, 26 August 2005 12:25 AM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Multilink PPP IPCP Negotiation Problem

On Thursday 25 August 2005 10:06, Robert Kreinz wrote:
> Did you turn off the ppp authentication?

Globally, authentication was setup as:

aaa authentication ppp default local none

And then authentication was setup on the individual serial links to use
ppp authentication chap

with a local username for each router setup with a common password.

This setup worked in the test lab (authentication on the serial
interfaces,
not on the multilink interface), but I wasn't running any 'aaa' on it.

Is there some way I can force the authentication methods locally on the
interfaces?

-Doug

--
Douglas E. Warner    <dwarner at ctinetworks.com>     Network Engineer
CTI Networks, Inc.   http://www.ctinetworks.com    +1 717 975 9000

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If
 you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please
 contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of
 this communication or disclose anything about it.