[c-nsp] bgp & static default route?

matthew zeier mrz at velvet.org
Sat Aug 27 21:42:25 EDT 2005

Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>  I dont think theres a right answer.. personally I'd do it your way, if you want
> the network to be automatic then dont introduce complication with statics.
>
> If you do add the defaults then it wont make any difference in normal operation,
> but you know your network better than me - consider the possibilities under
> differnet failure modes and what works best (potentially losing some
> connectivity vs potentially sending traffic a bad way into a blackhole)
>
> Sounds like you already made your decision, stick to your guns.

Unfortunately I was told in no uncertain terms that this wasn't my company and
if the boss wanted static routes, I need to put in static routes.

Of course, I'll be cleaning up the mess if it ever causes problems :|

--
matthew zeier - "But if you only have love for your own race, Then you only
leave space to discriminate, And to discriminate only generates hate." - BEP