[c-nsp] BCP for save B/W when transit links are full

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 03:31:29 EDT 2005

Hello,

Our transit links MRTG is up to the roof, ADSL users are doing a fine
share of p2p, we would like save some b/w, we started with peering
with local ISPs, but that didnt save much, the p2p is all out to the
internet,

Our case is that we would like business customers to have more
priority than residential ones,    we could rate limit based on p2p
apps ports from 8 AM to 5 PM and then let it free, how does that
sound, how do you guys do it, that idea didnt have much acceptance
here, policy as we give customers internet, they do what they want, if
we want to rate limit, we limit it all, not per app. ?

i would like to push the p2p idea further, can anyone provide a list of ports ?

Any other ideas ?