[c-nsp] PBR or VRF

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Thu Dec 1 11:32:54 EST 2005

> We are a service provider so when the customer traffic hits
> our core router
> (the hub) that is bound for the internet
> it will take our default to the internet. I want this traffic
> to take the
> customers DSL link back to their office, instead.

Gotcha, I'd read "the hub" as being the main customer office and
point-to-point circuits branches to main office.  Sorry for the confusion.

VRF-lite on the hub sounds like the way to go then, keep all the customer
links in their own routing table so that the default that the branches are
using points towards the office, completely separate from the "regular"
default in your global routing table.

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
Data | Voice | Managed Services             f: +44 20 7863 5876