[c-nsp] PPP Multilink

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sat Dec 3 09:18:37 EST 2005

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> Rodney and All,
>
>  Stay away from 12.3 go right to 12.4
>
>  We lost a customer because of that firmware rev. and because of Cisco's
> tech support incompetence, which had me on a wild goose chase with
> problems on a 1700, and boy was I pissed off about that one.
>
>  Bugs involved CSCeh95427, and CSCsa86946 and I finally figured this out
> when working on a problem with a completely different customer and a
> different router. Fortunately the Cisco tech that helped with -that- one
> knew what he was doing.

You scared me for a minute as I just upgraded two customer 1700s to
12.3.17 to get working QoS service-policies and cef.  Fortunately, both
are very simple configs (one has multilink) with no NAT.  Both those bug
ids are NAT issues.  Did you encounter any non-NAT show stoppers with 12.3
on the 1700 series?

BTW, 12.2.latest on the 1720 accepts service-policy commands, but doesn't
appear willing to actually apply them to interfaces.