[c-nsp] Negotiation problem with Catalyst 2950 and Cisco 2821

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 14:03:11 EST 2005

> Multiply this failure to document by the number of 2950 and
> 2821's that Cisco has sold and that are undoubtedly coupled together
> and you can see that failing to document this in the 2821 docs wastes
> enormous man-years of time for people.

As someone else suggested, I also think that the problem lies with the
2950. I have 2800 series routers connected to 2950s with newer IOS
releases and don't have a problem with autonegotiation.

On a side note, yesterday I was sitting in on a WebEx training session
for some expensive agent-less troubleshooting software and at one
point the sales engineer doing the session suggested that you should
always hard-set your ethernet settings. I didn't say anything because
I was a simply a guest sitting in on the session. I really wanted to
reach through my computer and slap him.

John