[c-nsp] SUP32 impressions

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Dec 4 05:55:06 EST 2005

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 11:12:15AM +0100, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Gert Doering wrote:
>
> > I'm curious: am I the only one using SXE or SXF on a BGP-speaking router,
> > and observing memory leaks in "BGP router" like hell?
>
> We're running SXE3 on our peering routers with uptime of 14 weeks and 330
> megs memory usage total.

IPv4 only, or IPv4+IPv6?  Any "soft in" configured?

We have IPv4+IPv6, and the IPv6 have "soft in", because I really like to
be able to see what our peers sent to us before it hit our inbound
route-maps/prefix-lists.  For IPv4, I've switched it off, assuming it
had anything to do with the mem leaks - but it didn't change anything,
so I don't think it has.

> > There's a TAC case open already, but it's dragging along since weeks, and
> > no obvious bugs have shown their heads (except for those that are claimed
> > to be fixed in SXF - but the mem leak is still there).
>
> We have had quite a few cases on the 7600 12.2.18SX[DE] series, some have
> taken quite a long time to resolve (mls cef bug took 6-8 weeks and we
> never really got a good explanation or definitive fix, just recommended
> upgrade and the problem was gone), some are not resolved yet.

What unresolved issues are you seeing?

Overall, we're quite happy, except for the BGP memory leak...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de