[c-nsp] SUP32 impressions

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sun Dec 4 05:12:15 EST 2005

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Gert Doering wrote:

> I'm curious: am I the only one using SXE or SXF on a BGP-speaking router,
> and observing memory leaks in "BGP router" like hell?

We're running SXE3 on our peering routers with uptime of 14 weeks and 330
megs memory usage total.

> There's a TAC case open already, but it's dragging along since weeks, and
> no obvious bugs have shown their heads (except for those that are claimed
> to be fixed in SXF - but the mem leak is still there).

We have had quite a few cases on the 7600 12.2.18SX[DE] series, some have
taken quite a long time to resolve (mls cef bug took 6-8 weeks and we
never really got a good explanation or definitive fix, just recommended
upgrade and the problem was gone), some are not resolved yet.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se