[c-nsp] Cisco IOS

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Dec 7 04:28:55 EST 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 10:30:48PM -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> Vote with your feet.  All Cisco has to do is look at the stats of the
> image downloads from their FTP server and their www server and
> if 99% of the images are going out www - well, can you blame them
> if they nix the FTP server?
>
> Start using FTP more to pull your images if you really want to see
> it stay around.

I use FTP all day, and WWW is only for the crypto images (and it's a
major PITA).

Still, judging from the general trends in Cisco's face towards the
customer, I see FTP disappearing.  WWW is so much better to carry
corporate design, and make sure the customer has to click on "yes,
I am not a terrorist!!" every time he wants to download something...

Unfortunately, you can't really say "if they do that, I'll gonna buy
from $Vendor_X", as other vendor's web sites usually suck even more :(

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de