[c-nsp] AS5850 questions

james edwards hackerwacker at cybermesa.com
Thu Dec 8 22:15:36 EST 2005

I am interested in using the AS5850 with the DS58-1CT3 to aggregate customer
 data T-1's. If I deploy 2 RSC's can I loose one and still be up serving
 customers ? If I deploy 2 DS58-1CT3's are they fully redundant; can one be
 hot spare ? Reading at Cisco it seems the answer is yes to both questions;
 am interested on how well the redundancy features work in real life.

 Can you use the onboard FastEthernet port for backhaul or do you need the
 Gigabit cards for that ?

 James
 Routing and Security Administrator
 At the Santa Fe Office: Cyber Mesa Telecom
 jamesh at cybermesa.com  noc at cybermesa.com
 http://www.cybermesa.com/ContactCM
 (505) 795-7101