[c-nsp] AS5850 questions

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Dec 9 12:24:53 EST 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, james edwards wrote:

> I am interested in using the AS5850 with the DS58-1CT3 to aggregate customer
> data T-1's.

Why?  I hope just because you happen to have one collecting dust.  I
suspect like cisco's smaller access servers, the 5850 could be abused as a
T1 router doing PPP/HDLC/Frame over T1s on the CT3 interfaces instead of
CT1/PRI channels, but a 5850 makes an awfully big T1 agg router when you
could do the same on a 7206 with PA-MC-T3 cards.