[c-nsp] Class-map and match-any - order of operations

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Thu Dec 8 23:39:07 EST 2005

Greets,

Imagine I have this:

	class-map match-any foo
	  match protocol <something>
	  match protocol <something else>
	  match address name AccessList

Will the router process the match lines in order? Or will it just
pick the match lines randomly until it gets a match or it runs out of
lines to try?

I realise that this is a somewhat frivolous question as with
match-any it doesn't matter which line causes traffic to be
classified this way but from a troubleshooting point of view it would
be handy to know...

For the record, I have an issue with the Citrix PDLM where traffic
from the citrix servers is not matching at all against any of the ICA
tags but it will match against a final access list that checks for
packets on port 1494. Yes, I am running the latest Citrix PDLM (the
one that hasn't changed in almost exactly a year).

For kicks, I'm running 12.2(17d) on a 7206VXR but this really is a
general question. And just for laughs - does this changes on
different IOS revs?

TIA!

B.