[c-nsp] CEF fun in SXF

Roman Sokolov rps at cheater.ru
Tue Dec 13 03:44:32 EST 2005

Hello Gert,

GD> Hmmm, I'm not sure that applies.  This seems to be just "special" stuff,
GD> not "generic unicast packets travelling through the box".
urpf (surprise! surprise!)

GD> Well, the main problem was a quite unexpected memory leak in the BGP
GD> process.  The box has more than sufficient memory for the number of routes
GD> it's carrying (only 170k "Internet" routes, and some 200 VRF routes),
GD> but as BGP was leaking like hell, we got caught by surprise.
3BXL? And you've lost whole gig??

GD> Fast reboot isn't available on Sup720 - the box will always do a
GD> very-slow-reboot...  especially with the huge SXE and SXF images :(
Some checks shows that difference in loading between -wan and -lan software
with almost clean config is just about 30 seconds. But sometimes some
unexpected delays could exist.

GD> Sure, but that doesn't keep my from trying to improve things :)
Sometimes it's much better to leave it on it's own :)

--
Best regards,
 Roman
 mailto:rps at cheater.ru