[c-nsp] PC console/terminal server

Lajber Zoltan lajbi at lajli.gau.hu
Thu Dec 15 07:40:57 EST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Kim Onnel wrote:

> I'm trying to roll the cheapest terminal server possible for my lab, one has
> suggested that i put a PC with a USB hub that converts to serials and then
> back to RJ, however i dont know if that will work and even so how do i
> configure this on a windows or linux machine ? ideas ?

With linux, you will see the usb/serial lines as normal serilal lines,
with slighly different name.

> I also heared of some PCI cards that do that too, any suggestions ?

You may get an old (eol) cisco 2509 with octopus cable.

Bye,
 LAJBER Zoltan               Szent Istvan Egyetem,  Informatika Hivatal
 Most of the time, if you think you are in trouble, crank that throttle!