[c-nsp] 100 meg throughput

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Thu Dec 15 10:42:12 EST 2005

Paul Stewart wrote:
> How much throughput should we expect to see on a copper FastE
> connection?  This connection is used to backhaul Internet traffic and is
> starting to hit the 80 meg mark on occasion....

That all depends on how good the equipment is on both ends of the line.
 On a 100BaseTX connection as long as it's clean it shouldn't matter
what media it runs over.  The real question is can the equipment on both
ends switch packets fast enough to fill the pipe.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.  - Leonard Brandwein