[c-nsp] swouters - graphing of Vlan's

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Dec 15 17:07:26 EST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 07:52:36AM +0200, Rolf Mendelsohn wrote:
> Thanks, that's what we're doing atm with 1841's.
>
> My problem is that I need to specifiy each VLAN which should be trunked to
> each 1841 under "switchport trunk allowed vlan " -

Yes... - but that's no different from trunking to a switch.

Plus, you can permit "1-1005", and then you have all configured VLANs
available automatically.

> i.e. as far as I've seen there aren't any routers which run STP.

I'm not sure how those two are related.  STP has nothing to do with
"what VLANs are allowed on this trunk?".

(Besides: if you run bridging on the routers, they will do STP - but as
long as you don't bridge there, there is no need for them to run STP,
as they can't create a bridging loop)

> Another question: Is the 2970 the smallest switch which supports MSTP?

No idea.  We like rapid-PVSTP :)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de