[c-nsp] Dialup with MPLS

Vikas Sharma vikassharmas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 23:30:04 EST 2005

Hi,

In a scenario where user can access Internet or other data services using
wireless medium (CDMA phone to access data on laptop / PC), is it possible
to implement MPLS on dialup?
User gets an IP through PDSN (PPP) and now it is connected to the network.
In core and distribution layer MPLS can be implemented using Core as a MPLS
core and distribution layer as a MPLS Edge LSR. Can we implement end to end
MPLS? Like as soon as user get an IP and come on the first router on the
network, it should be switched using MPLS. In the normal scenario, we need
to configure last router that is connecting to distribution layer router
(edge lsr) as a CE router.

Thanks
Vikas