[c-nsp] Problem configuring Control Plane Policing (CoPP) on 7200VXR in 12.4

Johannes Resch jr at xor.at
Wed Dec 21 06:32:10 EST 2005

Hi,

According to cisco's release notes and feature navigator, IOS 12.4 should
include CoPP features.
I started to build a test setup on a 7204VXR (NPE-G1) and 12.4(3b), usinge
the image c7200-pk9u2-mz.124-3b.bin ("SERVICE PROVIDER IPSEC 3DES LAWFUL
INTERCEPT").

I configured extended IP ACLs and classes, based upon the cisco CoPP
whitepaper.
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1838/products_white_paper09186a0080211f39.shtml)

But, as soon as I try to actually assign the policy-map, I get:

router(config-cp)#service-policy input COPP-POLICY
'match access-group name' not supported on control-plane
error: failed to install policy map COPP-POLICY

Am I missing anything here?

Regards,
-jr