[c-nsp] Dialup with MPLS

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Dec 23 05:04:25 EST 2005

Vikas,

I still don't really understand what you want to achieve. Are you asking
how to turn your CE routers 5 and 6 into MPLS-enabled routers so they
can act as Tunnel Headend for user connections terminating on 5+6? Well,
then you need to enable an IGP and MPLS+LDP on the connections between 5
and 6 and your MPLS core, so you to turn your "CE" routers 5 and 6 into
"PE" routers (or better "edge-LSR").

	oli

Vikas Sharma <> wrote on Friday, December 23, 2005 6:35 AM:

> Hi Andris / Nick,
>
> I know you both are right. I can not and should not extend MPLS
> network to CE router. But in my case there is no CE router. These are
> my own routers at remote locations. Pls go through the topology I
> have mentioned in previous mail.
> I need the solution like :-
> *Traffic-engineering tunnel headend located on the customer-edge
> router*-In this scenario, the tunnel headends are established at the
> customer edges. The customer edge then signals the tunnel across the
> provider edge and the network (again I own the customer edge routers).
> This excerpt is from Cisco site :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk436/tk428/technologies_white_paper0918
6a00800a3e69.shtml