[c-nsp] GSR input ignores?

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Sun Dec 25 21:29:02 EST 2005

List,

I've got several GSR12008s running 12.0(31)S1 with minor to moderate
input ignore errors.  On one in particular, it's got an Eng0 6xDS3 card
with two DS3s to transit providers and an Eng2 4xOC12MM (two ports
active) to the core routers.  The DS3s are showing heavy input errors,
on the order of 1% on one of the DS3s and 0.01% on the other active DS3.
  There's a simple ingress ACL on each DS3, no other ACLs anywhere on
the box aside from a receive ACL.  The OC12 interfaces face an MPLS
core, with MPLS TE to the last P and in a few cases to the egress PE.
MDRR is in place.  Any suggestions on where to look?  I'm having a hard
time imagining that a card built for 12xDS3 and de-populated for 6xDS3
would run out of gas with 2xDS3, nor can I imagine there's any sort of
egress backpressure from the OC12s.

Pete Templin