[c-nsp] BGP/OSPF Default Route Question

Greg Schwimer gschwimer at godaddy.com
Wed Feb 2 15:32:30 EST 2005

This will work for you.  It assumes you receive a default route from
your provider.  If the link goes down, you may still receive the default
via IBGP, so you need to make the default-originate conditional:

router ospf 100
 default-information originate metric-type 1 route-map OSPF-ADV-DEFAULT
! makes the advertisement conditional
!
route-map OSPF-ADV-DEFAULT permit 1000
! now match the default route from your provider
 match ip address DEFAULT-ROUTE-FROM-PROVIDER
! and make sure it's a type external (i.e. learned via EBGP)
 match route-type external
!
! For good measure
!
route-map OSPF-ADV-DEFAULT deny 65535
!
ip access-list standard DEFAULT-ROUTE-FROM-PROVIDER
 permit 0.0.0.0

HTH
Greg