[c-nsp] 7606 vs. 7609

Ryan O'Connell ryan at complicity.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 16:28:27 EST 2005

Are there any performance differences between the 7606 and the 7609
chassis? (With the Sup720) CCO lists them as having different
throughputs but I guess that's just because there's less slots. (But the
same bandwidth available per slot.)

The 7603 appears not to have a switch fabric, so would not work with a
WS-6748-GE-TX. (There is no definitive answer to this I can find on CCO,
but it's listed under "System Restrictions" for the 7603 with no further
information) Most people I see and talk to seem to be deploying the
7609, with a few going for the 7606. I can't see why Cisco offer a
7603/Sup720/3BXL bundle, the Supervisor appears missively overpowered
for the chassis.