[c-nsp] 7606 vs. 7609

Colin Whittaker colin.whittaker at heanet.ie
Wed Feb 2 17:28:21 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 09:28:27PM +0000, Ryan O'Connell wrote:
> The 7603 appears not to have a switch fabric, so would not work with a
> WS-6748-GE-TX. (There is no definitive answer to this I can find on CCO,
> but it's listed under "System Restrictions" for the 7603 with no further
> information) Most people I see and talk to seem to be deploying the
> 7609, with a few going for the 7606. I can't see why Cisco offer a
> 7603/Sup720/3BXL bundle, the Supervisor appears missively overpowered
> for the chassis.

Just got bitten by this I think, replacing a 6548 with a 6748 for jumbo
frame support and some other stuff in a 6503 and it refuses to power up
the module.

There should be a -E chassis that will support the switch fabric.

Colin

--
Colin Whittaker    colin.whittaker at heanet.ie    Tel: +353 1 6609040
HEAnet NOC         noc at heanet.ie                iNOC-DBA:  1213*752