[c-nsp] 7940 VLAN's

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Feb 3 03:23:00 EST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 08:49:26AM +0100, Brian Turnbow wrote:
> With a cisco switch the vlan gets transmitted with cdp

Does someone happen to have a specification which CDP TLV value is
used for that, and how the exact format looks like?  From what I already
have, this is likely to be tag 0x0f  ("ATA-186 VoIP VLAN assignment")
but I don't know how to extract the VLAN ID from this...

(this goes into tcpdump/print-cdp.c, in case you wonder why I'm asking)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de