[c-nsp] 6500 Monitor Port limitations

Dan Benson dbenson at swingpad.com
Thu Feb 3 10:16:54 EST 2005

I have a few 6509's in the field, mostly running catOS and a few running
IOS, with port monitor sessions configured.  I am curious if there is
any way to have more then two sessions configured at one time.  Is this
a limitation of the SUP or of the chassie architecture?  My
configurations are sup1's with MSFC1's, running monitoring on GIG and FE
ports with the destination port on a GIG.  According to the link below I
should be able to have 64 in IOS, but when I try, I get, "% Local
Session limit has been exceeded."   Thanks for the help in advance.. //db

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/41.html#topic6