[c-nsp] Port Channel issues on GSR

Jens Kuehlers kuehlers at schlund.net
Thu Feb 3 11:44:20 EST 2005

Hi!

We have a GSR 12012 with IOS 12.0(28)S2.

We want to use a GigE Port-Channel in our network core, however some
features seem not to be available:

bbb.bs(config)#interface Port-channel 1
bbb.bs(config-if)#mpls traffic-eng tunnels
 Command "mpls traffic-eng tunnels "  not allowed on link-bundle interface Port-channel1
bbb.bs(config-if)#ip route-cache flow sampled
 Command "ip route-cache flow sampled "  not allowed on link-bundle interface Port-channel1

I can't activate these features on the original GigE's either:
bbb.bs(config-if)#mpls traffic-eng tunnels
 Command "mpls traffic-eng tunnels "  not allowed on link-bundle member interface GigabitEthernet1/1
bbb.bs(config-if)#ip route-cache flow sampled
 Command "ip route-cache flow sampled "  not allowed on link-bundle member interface GigabitEthernet1/1

Is there any workaround for this, how to get Netflow sampling or MPLS
traffic engineering done with Port-Channels? Or is this planned for a
later release? Just saw that sampled netflow is currently supported on
Engine 3 (ISE) cards, but not Engine 2. Does anyone know if the same is
true for "mpls traffic-eng tunnels"? Does anyone have a Engine 3 setup
with either command?

Thanks,
Jens

--
Jens Kühlers
Schlund + Partner AG            Mail: kuehlers at schlund.net
Brauerstr. 48                   Tel:  0721/91374-0
76135 Karlsruhe                 Fax:  0721/91374-212