[c-nsp] Network Size

jexum at harding.edu jexum at harding.edu
Thu Feb 3 15:34:04 EST 2005

This may be one of those obvious questions but I'll ask anyway...

Are there any guidlines for how many systems should be in one network (broadcast domain).

I currently have 2000-2100 systems in one network here on my campus and we seem to have some issues with being to large, poor performance mostly not related to errors.  I have often read articles saying if your network is to large you need to split it up.  They just never seem to define "to large".

John Exum
Network Manager
Harding University