[c-nsp] Cisco 3550 maximum number of routable interfaces limit?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Feb 7 13:22:18 EST 2005

uOn Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Dan Armstrong wrote:

> As far as I know, it is limited to 8 based on the published specs.   If
> you add more than 8, you diminish it's resources.

Ok...I found a reference to where this comes from.

http://cio.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801f0a45.html#47446

or http://tinyurl.com/5sgm6

So my question is, since I'm doing way more than 8 routed interfaces on
all my 3550-48s, are there commands to see what my other resource limits
have been diminished down to?  I'm not seeing much CPU utilization, so I
don't think things have gotten bad enough that packets are having to be
process switched...but I suspect at some point it might be a good idea to
remove the 3550s from ospf area 0 and put them in their own NSSA, since
they do need to advertise lots of connected/static routes, but don't
really need to carry all our network routes...default routes and their own
area routes would do.