[c-nsp] Cisco 3550 maximum number of routable interfaces limit?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Feb 7 14:09:15 EST 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Mark Boolootian wrote:

> > So my question is, since I'm doing way more than 8 routed interfaces on
> > all my 3550-48s, are there commands to see what my other resource limits
> > have been diminished down to?
>
> The box has several ways of carving up the TCAM.  You can look at
> the current setting with the 'show sdm prefer' command.  This page
> provides some detail:
>
>   http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/145.html

show sdm prefer only shows you the current template and numbers from the
published tables.  I'm more interested in tcam resources actually
used/available on the live switches.  I see from show vlan internal usage,
that the 3550s set aside internal vlan numbers for each L3 interface.  Do
these count just the same as SVIs as far as resource usage is concerned?
I don't generally have any SVIs other than vlan1 on the 3550s, though I
have been considering using SVIs as an alternative to trunking some of
vlans back to the routers.