[c-nsp] Cisco 3750 High CPU load due to ACL

Matt Gillies mgillies at cisco.com
Tue Feb 8 18:55:53 EST 2005

In order to determine whether an ACL is being programmed into the TCAM
correctly, you can check the output of the following:

For VLAN's,  you can check the output of:

show plat acl int gx/x/x

and then specify the input label as value xxx in:

show plat acl label xxx

to determine whether the ACL got programmed correctly into the TCAM for
routed/vlan ports. If the ACL didn't get programmed correctly, it will
display
 "Unloaded due to merge failure or lack of space"

If you are using port-based ACL's, I *think* you need to use the command
'show platform acl int gx/x/x portlabels'. It should display 'forwarded
by CPU' if I recall correctly.

Cheers,

Matt.