[c-nsp] Problem Configuring Cisco 7000 Router

kmattar at cs.bu.edu kmattar at cs.bu.edu
Tue Feb 8 21:34:56 EST 2005

I am configuring a small local network here at Boston University. Among the
components I am configuring are four Cisco 7000 routers. I am currently having
trouble with one of the routers. I cannot connect to it through its serial port.
I am using Hyperterminal, and for some reason it doesn't detect anything on the
other end of the connection! I didn't have any problems configuring the other
routers, which are identical. None of the interfaces on the router are
configured either so I can't telnet to it. Is there a way to configure just one
interface on this router and enable telnet?

Best regards,
Karim