[c-nsp] 3640 Flash errors

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 11:07:27 EST 2005

Hi,

I have a 3640 for my lab, on booting up, i get the errors below at the console,
i need to get it up, if i even have to use tftp, but then i would need
to log in to configure it to boot from tftp ( i need an advice here)

And these are the 2 Flash sticks i have:

- one of them is like : http://store1.yimg.com/I/memx_1827_44122144
but hte chipset reads

Intel
E28F008SA
120 Q110
U71610DQG
Flash

- and the other also looks exactly like this one:
http://store1.yimg.com/I/memx_1828_98372683
but the chipset reads

AM29f080b
-75ec
0029mpm k
1997 amd

Console Errors:

C3600 processor with 65536 Kbytes of main memory
Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with parity disabled

unknown flash deþ
System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(7)AX [kuong (7)AX], EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFT
WARE (fc2)
C3600 processor with 65536 Kbytes of main memory
Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with parity disabled

unknown flash device - mandev code = 0xffff
cannot read flash info
getdevnum warning: device "flash" has size of zero
unknown flash device - mandev code = 0xffff
cannot read flash info
getdevnum warning: device "flash" has size of zero
open: read error...requested 0x4 bytes, got 0x0
trouble reading device magic number
boot: cannot open "flash:"
an alternate boot helper program is not specified
(monitor variable "BOOTLDR" is not set)
and unable to determine first file in bootflash
loadprog: error - on file open
boot: cannot load "tftp:c3640-js-mz.122-15.T5.bin 40.40.40.2"

System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(7)AX [kuong (7)AX], EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFT
WARE (fc2)
C3600 processor with 65536 Kbytes of main memory
Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with parity disabled

Your help is highlu appreciated,
Regards