[c-nsp] Configuring Ethernet Channel on a Cisco 7513

Alexandra Alvarado aaaa at telconet.net
Sun Feb 13 14:40:52 EST 2005

Hello,

I have a Cisco Router 7513 with 2 Fast Ethernet, the traffic of one of it is
above 80% of load, that's why I need to join it with the second Fast
Ethernet using the Ethernet Channel Configuration.

I have read that the configuration in the router is like this:

Interface port-channel 1

 Ip address 10.0.0.1 255.0.0.0

 Ip route-cache distributed

Interface Fastethernet 0/0

 No ip address

 Channel-group 0/1

Interface Fastethernet 1/0

 No ip address

 Channel-group 0/1

But, I want to know if is necessary to apply Ethernet channel config in the
switch where the router is connected?, and if is necessary how to configure
it?.  The switch is a catalyst 3550.

Thanks

Alexandra Alvarado