[c-nsp] Different behaviour for static route on different IOS?

Tim Bulger timb at phreakocious.net
Tue Feb 15 11:25:29 EST 2005

Thanks, but we are discussing static routes, not BGP learned routes.
Obviously recursive next hop lookup is necessary for BGP as that is how the
protocol is designed.

Wei's example clearly illustrates different behavior between IOS versions
regarding static routes.  In the 12.0 example, there is no recursive next
hop lookup taking place for the static.  In the 12.3 example, there is.

The Cisco document on static routes indicates that it was last updated in
September of 2004.

Regards,
Tim